Saturday, August 7, 2010

File hosting

Maybe I'm a bit impatient, but kee-ripes it can take a while for a file to finish loading up to a free file hosting site.

I gave up on my first one when it got stuck at 83% for about 10 minutes, so I have lessened the size of the file in the hopes it will upload. This one seems to be stuck at 9% *roll eyes*

I guess that free file hosting can be used for almost anything that we have undertaken thus far in this 'Delivery Technologies' section. MP3's, Office files, images, anything that has a file to be downloaded.

If your school or company website has a ferocious firewall that is too problematic to get around for multiple sites, then maybe one site with permission might be the easier way to go - as well as remembering a log in for a few sites instead of about 20.

However, dedicated sites to a particular function, e.g. Flickr for photosharing, is probably slightly easier and quicker and more intuitive than Mediafire.

Okay - not sure if it likes larger files or not (as in more than 10mb) but I've cancelled the other one, and I'm now uploading individual files, which at least I can see that it is happening, slowly. It's a kind of misleading that the site says "Time remaining: a few seconds" because whilst it may be true that there is only the wait of a few seconds in the timescale of continental drift or the universe, in Internet time it is considerably longer.

I'm pretty sure I've uploaded these pics to my Flickr account, but I'll embed the image and link here.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire

No comments:

Post a Comment