Sunday, July 25, 2010

YouTube

The following is a video I have used a few times in a class on researching techniques that I teach.


It's from the University of Sydney, and it probably isn't as funny as I think it is, but I really like it anyway.


In class, I usually go over the very same topics,


- Keywords
- Boolean search terms
- putting them together


but by that time I've been droning on for a while, so I figure that instead of me repeating myself (and being even more boring) I play this short video that has some humour to reiterate/reinforce the concepts.


In the course's Moodle site, I have linked to a number of library skills related videos. You might be surprised how creative and passionate librarians are on getting their message across, but this is the one that I always play. The others will mostly be available to them for viewing in their own time.


So without further ado, here is 'Search Smarter, Search Faster'.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Peggy, I thought the video was funny too. Toys, comics and animation are great learning tools and should be used more, I think. I notice that the Japanese are publishing 'The Manga Guide to ...' just about everything at the moment.
    Gary

    ReplyDelete